1. Link to helpful articles. Add your own comments or ask for feedback.
2. Teach a mini lesson in 140 characters.
3. Invite people to subscribe to your ezine, blog, or facebook page.
4. Tell your followers you have a free gift on your website.
5. Re-tweet good posts by other people, but don't go overboard—most of your tweets should be yours.
6. Announce a conference, book or CD release.
7. Introduce folks to other folks who are also on Twitter.
8. Congratulate others when they share good news.
9. Sparingly link to your own blog posts. Don’t over promote yourself.
10. Post up videos (yours or others) from Youtube.
11. Post an inspirational quote or message. Show your personality.
12. Ask questions that encourage responses. Engage!